Legendary companion album to the band's classic documentary film of the same name from 1979, featuring the extraordinary 1967 Smothers Brothers TV show version of My Generation - including exploding drum-kit finale!
Features one of the most iconic rock images on the front cover - photographer Art Kane's shot of the band draped in the Union Jack flag at the Carl Shurz Monument in Morningside Heights in New York City on the morning of Friday 5 April 1968, the day of the first of the two concerts at Fillmore East, for a feature on new rock groups for Life Magazine.
Includes three performances from Woodstock - Sparks, Pinball Wizard & See Me, Feel Me, classic 1960s TV performances of Magic Bus and Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere, and the definitive performance of A Quick One, While He's Away, the version they played at the Rolling Stones' Rock & Roll Circus — a performance so good that, according to legend, it's the reason why the Stones shelved the show for 20 years!
Features stunning live and rare versions of My Generation, I Can't Explain, I Can See for Miles, Baba O'Riley & many others.
- My Generation (The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour, 15 September 1967)
- I Can't Explain (Twickenham Film Studios, 3 August 1965)
- Happy Jack (Leeds University, 14 February 1970)
- I Can See for Miles (The Smothers Brothers Show, 15 September 1967)
- Magic Bus (Beat-Club, 12 October 1968)
- Long Live Rock (Olympic Studios, Barnes, London, 5 June 1972)
- Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere (Ready Steady Go! 1 July 1965)
- Young Man Blues (Coliseum, London, 14 December 1969)
- My Wife (Gaumont State Theatre, Kilburn, London, 15 December 1977)
- Baba O'Riley (Shepperton Studios, London, 25 May 1978)
- A Quick One, While He's Away (The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus film, recorded on 11 December 1968)
- Tommy Can You Hear Me? (Beat-Club, 27 September 1969)
- Sparks (Woodstock Music and Arts Fair, NY, 17 August 1969)
- Pinball Wizard (Woodstock Music and Arts Fair, NY, 17 August 1969)
- See Me, Feel Me (Woodstock Music and Arts Fair, NY, 17 August 1969)
- Join Together/Road Runner/My Generation Blues (Medley) (Pontiac Silverdome, Pontiac, Michigan on 6 December 1975)
- Won't Get Fooled Again (Shepperton Film Studios, London, 25 May 1978)